English books

This forum has been created to provide a non-challenging environment for teachers and parents new to using synthetic phonics.

Judy

English books

Post by Judy » Mon May 25, 2009 5:20 pm

This may seem like a strange enquiry but I don't really know where else to ask!

I've just had a request from my daughter, who lives in Sweden, to recommend some English books for her eldest son's school to purchase. The sort of thing they had in mind was something that would give ideas for writing.

My grandson is 11 but as he hasn't done as much English as he would have done in an English school (presumably!) she thought something about a year below that would be suitable.

So I was wondering whether anyone who teaches that age group might have some recommendations. They are also interested in any 'textbooks', particularly for history, that would be suitable for his age group or just below.

It's rather a long time since I was a classroom teacher so any ideas would be very welcome.

Susan Godsland
Administrator

Post by Susan Godsland » Wed May 27, 2009 10:33 am

Have a look at books produced by Galore Park

http://www.galorepark.co.uk/

Judy

Post by Judy » Wed May 27, 2009 11:29 am

Thank you so much, Susan!

That looks like just what my daughter needs and it will save me a lot of trouble looking for individual books without really knowing what I'm looking for because I'm so out of touch! :oops: :grin: