Thank you from Papermover

Moderators: Debbie Hepplewhite, maizie, Lesley Drake, Susan Godsland

Thank you from Papermover

Post by Papermover » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:03 am

I would like to thank all of you on the RRF for your help and support in teaching my daughter to read. I have been working with her using SP since the November of her reception year when Maizie on MN put me in touch with you. She is just about to finish year 2 so has been teacher assessed for the end of key stage two and has taken the new tests.

Her teacher has marked her as exceeding expectations on reading and told us that she gained 115 points on the NC reading test, which is the highest possible mark. My daughter doesn't know this, all she knows is she enjoyed the test, that she loves to read and that reading enables her to find out about things she is interested in.

Thank you for all your help, this is down to you all. Hopefully we have set the ground work for my daughters' future education, confidence and happiness. I would like to think the school may take some notice of the things I have been talking to them about and this may help other children at the school in some way. I have certainly been passing the message on to interested (and uninterested!) parties.

Many thanks.

Re: Thank you from Papermover

Post by chew8 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:49 am

Excellent news!

Jenny C.

Post by maizie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:55 am

Thank you for this, Papermover.

I'm so glad that we were able to help you and it is wonderful to hear how well your daughter is doing.

I am especially pleased to hear this as we hear so often the tired old mantra that 'phonics puts children off reading' ( :mrgreen: ):
Papermover wrote: ....she loves to read and ... reading enables her to find out about things she is interested in.

Debbie Hepplewhite

Post by Debbie Hepplewhite » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:38 pm

Really wonderful news - and thank you so much for the update!