Shepherds Bush/Chiswick

Moderators: Debbie Hepplewhite, maizie, Lesley Drake, Susan Godsland

Kiki

Shepherds Bush/Chiswick

Post by Kiki » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Apologies if this post is inappropriate, however, I have just heard from a friend a very distressing tale of a Y6/10 year old boy ('diagnosed' with dyslexia and ADHD) who lives in the Shepherds Bush/Chiswick area.

Very briefly - it seems he can not read at all, not a word. The school is doing nothing. He has three siblings and his single parent mum is working 2 jobs to make ends meet. He really is having a very dreadful time at school (eg racist bullying, assaulted by another child, aside from the school's failure to teach him). While plans are afoot to tackle the school does anyone know of any charity or very charitable tutor in the area who could help with the reading so that he gets something before he starts secondary school?

Thanks

Elizabeth

Re: Shepherds Bush/Chiswick

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:59 pm

I wish I knew someone who could help, but I don't! I am often asked about how to find a tutor in a particular area. I hope someone sees your message and is able to help.
Elizabeth

g.carter

Re: Shepherds Bush/Chiswick

Post by g.carter » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Kiki - what a sad story. I just may be able to offer a couple of suggestions and if you e-mail me at
geraldinecarter@tiscali.co.uk, I'll give you details.