Our Judy's beautiful artwork - worthy of mention

Moderators: Debbie Hepplewhite, maizie, Lesley Drake, Susan Godsland

Debbie Hepplewhite
Administrator

Our Judy's beautiful artwork - worthy of mention

Post by Debbie Hepplewhite » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 am

http://www.axiz19.dsl.pipex.com/JudyAda ... Design.htm

Judy, long time RRF contributor, has embarked on her own internet adventure for her lovely artwork. Although this is nothing to do with phonics, I thought she deserved a mention as many of her friends on here may not even be aware of her alternative work to tutoring in reading and spelling instruction.

I feel inspired myself to find the time, to MAKE the time, to pick up some art medium and indulge in something creative (other than phonics!). :grin: :grin: :grin:

g.carter

Re: Our Judy's beautiful artwork - worthy of mention

Post by g.carter » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 am

I'm very glad that you've flagged up Judy's site. From memory, I believe that she was diverted to Oxford in preference to attending Art School - but talent will out.. Good luck to Judy.

Judy

Re: Our Judy's beautiful artwork - worthy of mention

Post by Judy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Thank you very much, Debbie and Geraldine - and yes, Geraldine, you are quite right. My mother wouldn't let me go to Art School because they were full of 'beatniks'! But I've since taken heart from the fact that some of my favourite Children's Book Illustrators suffered a very similar fate but they didn't let it put them off. So in my case, it's better late than never!

I'm currently carrying out a little bit of market research into greeting card buying habits in the UK as I think they are very different from the US, where I have been selling through print-on-demand websites. If there's anyone resident in the UK who would be willing to spend a few minutes filling out my completely anonymous online survey, please send me a message with your email address and I will send you back the details.

Many thanks - and now I must put my other hat on and get ready for my adult literacy pupil's lesson! It's a real shame, she had realised that her spelling wasn't up to scratch but had no idea how inaccurate her reading is until she tried to read some 'simple' words out of context. Somehow she had fudged her way through as far as reading is concerned and I think that's probably all too common. My chimney sweep, my plumber and my hairdresser are all in the same boat!